Bay Area SAA Welcome
- Next Meetings
- Fri. 8:15PM • San Francisco • 1st Step/SAA 12 Steps/Chips on 1st
- Fri. 9PM • Friday Late Night Recovery
- Sat. 5AM • Saturday 12 Step Big Book Study
- Sat. 6AM • Women's Unity Big Book Study
- Sat. 7AM • Big Book Foundation Meeting
- Sat. 7AM • Peace and Serenity
- Sat. 8AM • Chico • Chico From Shame to Grace Saturday
- Sat. 8:15AM • San Francisco • Big Book/Green Book/Chips on last Sat.
- Sat. 8:30AM • San Jose • Mixed/Closed Meeting
- Sat. 8:30AM • Sacramento • Saturday Morning Gratitude Group
- Sat. 8:30AM • Santa Rosa • Start Your Mornings With Recovery
- Sat. 9AM • Talkin Bout Recovery Saturday
- Sat. 9AM • Sharing Hope Saturday Womens Telemeeting
- Sat. 10AM • Berkeley • Spiritual Solutions
- Sat. 10AM • Aloha Saturday (8 am HI time)
- Sat. 11:15AM • San Francisco • Healthy Intimate Relationships
- Sat. 1PM • Men's Step Study
- Sat. 3PM • Saturday Mixed Open Sexual Avoidance
- Sat. 5PM • Saturday Evening Womens Telemeeting
- Sat. 5:30PM • San Francisco • Speaker/Discussion/First Step
- More Meetings…
What is Sex Addiction?
Sex Addiction can involve a wide variety of practices. Sometimes an addict has trouble with just one unwanted behavior, sometimes with many. A large number of sex addicts say their unhealthy use of sex has been a progressive process. It may have started with an addiction to masturbation, pornography (either printed or electronic), or a relationship, but over the years progressed to increasingly dangerous behaviors.
The essence of all addiction is the addicts' experience of powerlessness over a compulsive behavior, resulting in their lives becoming unmanageable. The addict is out of control and experiences tremendous shame, pain and self-loathing. The addict may wish to stop --- yet repeatedly fails to do so. The unmanageability of addicts' lives can be seen in the consequences they suffer: losing relationships, difficulties with work, arrests, financial troubles, a loss of interest in things not sexual, low self-esteem and despair.
Sexual preoccupation takes up tremendous amounts of energy. As this increases for the sex addict, a pattern of behavior (or rituals) follows, which usually leads to acting out (for some it is flirting, searching the net for pornography, or driving to the park.) When the acting out happens, there is a denial of feelings usually followed by despair and shame or a feeling of hopelessness and confusion.© ISO of SAA, Inc.
Bay Area SAA Contact Us
|Bay Area Intergroup • P.O. Box 14754 • San Francisco, CA 94114|
|General Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Información General: email@example.com
Meeting List Updates/Requests: firstname.lastname@example.org
Women Seeking Recovery: email@example.com
GLBTQQI Seeking Recovery: firstname.lastname@example.org
Out of the Fog Newsletter: email@example.com
|News & Announcements RSS Feed|
Guided Silent Meditation Walk
May 4th, 8 AM following the SF 7AM Thursday Steps Meeting. To City view destination to be announced.
Call (415) 456-1063 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to publish fellowship news and announcements here.