Bay Area SAA Intergroup
- Next Meetings
- Fri. 8:15PM • San Francisco • 1st Step/SAA 12 Steps/Chips on 1st
- Fri. 9PM • Friday Late Night Recovery
- Sat. 5AM • Saturday 12 Step Big Book Study
- Sat. 6AM • Women's Unity Big Book Study
- Sat. 7AM • Big Book Foundation Meeting
- Sat. 7AM • Peace and Serenity
- Sat. 8AM • Chico • Chico From Shame to Grace Saturday
- Sat. 8:15AM • San Francisco • Big Book/Green Book/Chips on last Sat.
- Sat. 8:30AM • San Jose • Mixed/Closed Meeting
- Sat. 8:30AM • Sacramento • Saturday Morning Gratitude Group
- Sat. 8:30AM • Santa Rosa • Start Your Mornings With Recovery
- Sat. 9AM • Talkin Bout Recovery Saturday
- Sat. 9AM • Sharing Hope Saturday Womens Telemeeting
- Sat. 10AM • Berkeley • Spiritual Solutions
- Sat. 10AM • Aloha Saturday (8 am HI time)
- Sat. 11:15AM • San Francisco • Healthy Intimate Relationships
- Sat. 1PM • Men's Step Study
- Sat. 3PM • Saturday Mixed Open Sexual Avoidance
- Sat. 5PM • Saturday Evening Womens Telemeeting
- Sat. 5:30PM • San Francisco • Speaker/Discussion/First Step
- More Meetings…
San Francisco Bay Area Intergroup
The San Francisco Bay Area Intergroup of SAA (BAISAA) manages the business of SAA in the San Francisco Bay Area. BAISAA has four primary areas of responsibility:
- To help SAA groups carry the SAA message to the addict who still suffers.
- To provide shared and coordinated services and resources to individual members and the member SAA groups, e.g. the website, telephone line, and printed meeting lists.
- To allow for the effective use of BAISAA funds.
- To help disseminate information within the local SAA organization and to coordinate outreach and public information for SAA in the San Francisco Bay Area.
There are currently about 50 meetings within the geographic area served by BAISAA. Each group may elect its own Intergroup representative. These members provide input to Intergroup on the matters listed above and relay relevant information back to the groups they represent.
Monthly Intergroup Meeting
BAISAA currently meets the second Saturday of every month from 11:15 AM to 12:45 PM at the Lutheran Church of the Cross located at 1744 University Ave., Berkeley, CA 94703.
Any SAA member interested in the business of SAA may attend this meeting. If a matter is put to the group for a vote, these visitors may participate in the discussions, but will not be allowed to participate in the voting process.
Sobriety requirements are set by member groups; BAISAA recommends six months of membership in SAA and three months of abstinence from inner circle behaviors.
BAISAA members participate in committees, where much of the work of Intergroup is done. Such committees include:
- Outreach — Outreach activities include: getting our basic text, Sex Addicts Anonymous, into Bay Area libraries; communication with health care professionals in the Bay Area; speaking engagements to educate others about our work (e.g. the Johns School), and others.
- Website — Maintaining and updating the BAISAA website as a repository of information of interest to the local community and potential new members.
- Telephone — Maintaining a hotline for people to get information about our program.
- Finance — Accounting for fellowship funds.
- Meeting List — Providing updated meeting lists to members, meetings and anyone who requests them.
Anyone may participate in these committees whether an Intergroup rep or not.
A Message from an Intergroup Member
I feel grateful that I can make contributions utilizing skills I don't usually use in my day to day work life. Besides detailed things such as working with the website, I enjoy being creative in using clipart whenever I get the chance. I like making announcements at meetings about what is going on with Intergroup and our program as a whole. I am making new friends, which is perhaps the best part.
– LJ, 2011
Bay Area SAA Contact Us
|Bay Area Intergroup • P.O. Box 14754 • San Francisco, CA 94114|
|General Info: firstname.lastname@example.org
Información General: email@example.com
Meeting List Updates/Requests: firstname.lastname@example.org
Women Seeking Recovery: email@example.com
GLBTQQI Seeking Recovery: firstname.lastname@example.org
Out of the Fog Newsletter: email@example.com
|News & Announcements RSS Feed|
Guided Silent Meditation Walk
May 4th, 8 AM following the SF 7AM Thursday Steps Meeting. To City view destination to be announced.
Call (415) 456-1063 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to publish fellowship news and announcements here.