Bay Area SAA Intergroup
- Next Meetings
- Mon. 7:30AM • Pacifica • Breakfast of the Souls
- Mon. 9AM • Courage to Recover TeleMeeting 90 min.
- Mon. 10AM • Monday Mid-Day Womens TeleMeeting
- Mon. 10AM • Women's Conquering Fear of Intimacy
- Mon. 12:10PM • Santa Clara • Discussion
- Mon. 1:10PM • San Francisco • First Things First, Reading/Discussion
- Mon. 5PM • Monday Men's TeleMeeting
- Mon. 5PM • Voice Computer SAA Meeting Monday
- Mon. 5PM • Sobrios Por Hoy
- Mon. 6PM • San Francisco • Write On! to Recovery -- A Writing Meeting
- Mon. 6PM • Berkeley • Step of the Month
- Mon. 6PM • Original Monday Evening Women's TeleMeeting
- Mon. 6PM • Monday Night GLBTQ
- Mon. 6PM • Answers in the Heart Study
- Mon. 6PM • Monday New Choice Women's Meeting
- Mon. 6PM • SAA Online Text Monday
- Mon. 7PM • Chico • Chico From Shame to Grace Monday
- Mon. 7PM • San Francisco • Internet and Sexual Sobriety
- Mon. 7PM • San Ramon • Step Study/Meditation/Topic Meeting
- Mon. 7PM • We Agnostics of SAA
- More Meetings…
San Francisco Bay Area Intergroup
The San Francisco Bay Area Intergroup of SAA (BAISAA) manages the business of SAA in the San Francisco Bay Area. BAISAA has four primary areas of responsibility:
- To help SAA groups carry the SAA message to the addict who still suffers.
- To provide shared and coordinated services and resources to individual members and the member SAA groups, e.g. the website, telephone line, and printed meeting lists.
- To allow for the effective use of BAISAA funds.
- To help disseminate information within the local SAA organization and to coordinate outreach and public information for SAA in the San Francisco Bay Area.
There are currently about 50 meetings within the geographic area served by BAISAA. Each group may elect its own Intergroup representative. These members provide input to Intergroup on the matters listed above and relay relevant information back to the groups they represent.
Monthly Intergroup Meeting
BAISAA currently meets the second Saturday of every month from 11:15 AM to 12:45 PM at the Lutheran Church of the Cross located at 1744 University Ave., Berkeley, CA 94703.
Any SAA member interested in the business of SAA may attend this meeting. If a matter is put to the group for a vote, these visitors may participate in the discussions, but will not be allowed to participate in the voting process.
Sobriety requirements are set by member groups; BAISAA recommends six months of membership in SAA and three months of abstinence from inner circle behaviors.
BAISAA members participate in committees, where much of the work of Intergroup is done. Such committees include:
- Outreach — Outreach activities include: getting our basic text, Sex Addicts Anonymous, into Bay Area libraries; communication with health care professionals in the Bay Area; speaking engagements to educate others about our work (e.g. the Johns School), and others.
- Website — Maintaining and updating the BAISAA website as a repository of information of interest to the local community and potential new members.
- Telephone — Maintaining a hotline for people to get information about our program.
- Finance — Accounting for fellowship funds.
- Meeting List — Providing updated meeting lists to members, meetings and anyone who requests them.
Anyone may participate in these committees whether an Intergroup rep or not.
A Message from an Intergroup Member
I feel grateful that I can make contributions utilizing skills I don't usually use in my day to day work life. Besides detailed things such as working with the website, I enjoy being creative in using clipart whenever I get the chance. I like making announcements at meetings about what is going on with Intergroup and our program as a whole. I am making new friends, which is perhaps the best part.
– LJ, 2011
Bay Area SAA Contact Us
|Bay Area Intergroup • P.O. Box 14754 • San Francisco, CA 94114|
|General Info: email@example.com
Información General: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting List Updates/Requests: email@example.com
Women Seeking Recovery: firstname.lastname@example.org
GLBTQQI Seeking Recovery: email@example.com
Out of the Fog Newsletter: firstname.lastname@example.org
|News & Announcements RSS Feed|
Annual Convention attendees
Please tell us if you will be attending the Convention to participate in some valuable (and easy) service opportunities. Please contact Bob L at email@example.com.
Outer Circle Events!
Each meeting is encouraged to organize and sponsor outer circle events. Contact Sam Z. (firstname.lastname@example.org) to announce your event. An outer circle event is in the works for the A's Giants game: more info will follow.
Intergroup Visioning and Budget Meetings coming up: Consider Joining us.
At the May meeting of Intergroup, we will be conducting our annual "visioning" exercise, imagining ways in which Intergroup could do more to help our local meetings, and carry the message. Please consider attending to share ideas you may have. In June the agenda will include our annual budgeting exercise, so if you have a proposal that would involve financial support form Intergroup, please consider attending that meeting. Intergroup meeting the second Saturday of the month at 11:15, so we will be meeting May 13 for Visioning, and the June 10 meeting will include the budget discussion. Lunch will be served at the May 13 meeting.
Intergroup meets at Lutheran Church of the Cross, 1744 University Ave. Berkeley. Room 210 at 11:15 to 12:45 every second Saturday of the month.
Guided Silent Meditation Walk
There will be a one hour silent meditation walk to Dolores Park, leaving at 8:00 a.m. from Most Holy Redeemer (18th and Diamond in SF), immediately following the 7:00 a.m. meeting at that location, on May 4.
Outer Circle Event
The second outer circle event, also May 4, will be at the Thursday 7:00 p.m. meeting at Shaar Zahav at 16th and Dolores in SF. The meeting that night will include three 10 minute guided meditations, followed by the rest of the meeting, and then fellowship afterwards.
Starting April 24: LGBT and Women's meeting. A new meeting with a weekly rotating format will begin on April 24 and will be held at 7:15p.m. weekly at the Lutheran Church of the Cross, 1744 University Ave. Berkeley. Room 210
Call (415) 456-1063 or send email to email@example.com to publish fellowship news and announcements here.